top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank of America Locked Me Out of My Account!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank of America Locked Me Out of My Account!

Good morning, Everyone!

For those of you with mortgages through Bank of America, is it common for BOA to lock you out of your online account? I tried to log in this morning to pay my mortgage and I received a message that I'm unable to access my account information at this time and to contact customer service. Unfortunately, they are closed over the weekend but I plan to call first thing tomorrow morning. Anyway...

I filed for Chapter 7 last Thursday and before then was able to access my account so I'm pretty positive I was locked out due to the bankruptcy filing. I should also note that I have a Visa credit card with them as well.

Could this be a standard procedure BOA implemented after someone files and if I call, I can clear it up or do I have anything to worry about? My mortgage is up to date so I can't imagine why they would want to start foreclosure proceedings but I wouldn't put anything past BOA!

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. The wealth of information on this forum has been invaluable to me while I'm going through my Chapter 7 bankruptcy so thank you all!

Have a great day!

Beth

And when you call tomorrow, they will transfer you to the bankruptcy division. It is normal to be locked out of online access to debt after filing for BK. Allowing online access can be viewed as attempting to collect on a debt and that would be a violation of the stay. If you are planning on keeping your home, you will need to mail the payments to the bank.

Comment

It is common for almost all banks to remove online access to mortgage accounts when dealing with a BK. You may have to make payments in the old fashioned, mail a check way until your discharge, or they may just restore access after you talk to them. That varies from bank to bank. Sweat not, it is a normal occurrance that happens with the vast majority of people.

John
      Filed Chapter 13 pro se: 9/30/2008, 341 Meeting: 11/15/2008, Plan Approved: 1/6/2009, 100% of all claims paid: 10/19/2010. Trustee closed case: 11/5/10 DISCHARGED: 11/18/10

Comment

Thank you, both!

Comment

Yes, I had my access to my online BofA account closed for a couple months but this was after my Ch 7 discharge. Before that, I could do my payments to them with no issues. I had to call in my payments until they finally allowed me to do my payment on the website about three months after my discharge.

Comment

Me, too...the BK department was very nice, took my payment over the phone without charging me anything extra and told me I would be restored to online access after discharge.
            Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Comment

Everyone should lock you out from electronic access. If your account is allowed to remain open, you could have the opportunity to view your bills, could possibly get an email, could make payments. All of this could be in violation of the stay.

It's nothing more than a CYA tactic and everyone does it.
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Happpended to me with BOA. I filed in February 2011 and IIB two credit cards with balances and one first mortgage. Within 2-3 days after I filed, BOA had removed the credit cards altogether from my online account, and although the Mortgage was listed, if I clicked on it, I got the same message you see "Oops, something is wrong, please contact us by phone", or something to that effect.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X