Welp, I've Gone and Done It in Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welp, I've Gone and Done It in Maryland

First off, this forum is amazing. It's comforting to know that I am not alone in my situation and I've learned so much from just reading various posts.

If Monopoly were a real game, I'd be a big time loser.

As of last week, I put an attorney on retainer, gave him all completed paperwork and completed my pre-bankruptcy counseling.

I should have the attorney paid off next week and be filed by the end of the month if not sooner. I had my initial consultation in January but stalled, mainly because of my ego and fear of the actually biting the bullet.

I hope that eventually, the knot in my stomach will go away. I'm really sick of worrying each and every night. I'm really sick of working long, dreadful hours only to barely be able to do anything with my life.

Like so many people, my financial situation took a drastic downward spiral about a year ago. I was laid off for four months and found another job in September, I took a 40K pay cut and found myself drowning in debt.

Just last week, I decided, after reading this blog to not re-affirm my car. I love my car but the loan does not make sense to me financially, given the opportunity to be rid of the debt, I'm going to jump on it.

I also have back tax debt that I will continue to love and cherish after the bankruptcy discharge. (Insert Sarcasm).

It's good to know this forum is here, if only to read rather than post.

Hopefully the guilt and shame of all this will eventually subside and I'll be able to enjoy my new found financial freedom, in spite of a low credit score.
    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

You will feel amazingly better, so try to drop your guilt/shame combo with the paperwork the day you file. I went through the same thing, and actually found myself feeling great after the 341 was over. (it did take a few days for the nerves to settle.) Hang in there, and good luck now that you've made the decision...I think that is really the hardest part!
    Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Comment

Good luck to you! Nerves, my friend, w/out this forum I'd be locked away somewhere quite peaceful.

This is nerveracking, but when you're through it, you'll be fine. MY BEST WISHES TO YOU!!!

Comment

Good luck to you! Nerves, my friend, w/out this forum I'd be locked away somewhere quite peaceful.

This is nerveracking, but when you're through it, you'll be fine. MY BEST WISHES TO YOU!!!

Comment

Thank you IamOld and Jacey. It is completely nerveracking. And this forum has been wonderful for me. I agree, the most difficult part was biting the bullet and making the decision to file, now that process is started so things are getting easier. I can't wait to have a case number so I know the ball is officially "rolling".
          Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X