top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 more weeks til I can file. I can't take these phone calls anymore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by df04527 View Post
    A little bit of caution in using this technique. This is a FULL cease and desist notice. IF you choose to go this way - that's fine but just be aware that you've now given that creditor the ONLY way to contact you is through a court of law. Not so good. May I suggest a PARTIAL cease and desist with wording the same as above except adding that you will only communicate with them through the US Mail....

This is one of my "laws of unintended consequences" that I had to share.

I like this approach. But know that there is nothing that requires the debt collector to respect your wishes. The law gives you the right to stop their attempts to communicate with you, not limit them.

Comment

Out of the hundreds of calls only a couple messages were left. Basically just calling every 15 minutes like Im going to answer the phone.

Comment

Aw yes, remember that well!! Found this "PRIVACY" button on my answering machine. Phone doesn't ring, answering machine answers - verifying that they found me - but I never hear a thing. Most people who really want to reach me call my cell phone -- which I had blocked all bank numbers from being able to reach. Only a few filtered through anyway. But I would delete about 40-50 messages a day off my answering machine - never listened to any of them -- guarantee you 95% of them were hangups. Couldn't wait to file and turn my phone back on and give them all my case number. Had the best couple of days doing that!! Not near as exciting as my discharge day -- but pretty darn close!
        04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Originally posted by sixxlondon View Post
          32 calls yesterday. I am not answering any of them because I don't want to give them the heads up that I am filing. One actually got a hold of me through work which pissed me off. I just told them I can not receive calls at work. It took a few minutes to get them off the phone when I said that. I can not wait for this to be over.
          I told mine about two months before filing. All said they would get back in touch with me in 30 days if they had not received a case number. They didn't start calling again until about day 45 -- but if you're three weeks out, I'd go this route and stop them now. It does them no good to try to sue at this point - they would be wasting their money since you're filing bankruptcy anyway, and they know it.
          04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Originally posted by Jacey View Post
            I used google voice, and it saved me!
            Same here. I read about it on this site. Logged onto everyone's website and changed the number to google voice. Over 300 calls so far this month to google voice, about 4 or 5 a day to our other numbers. It's actually pretty quiet.

About 3 weeks until filing for us as well.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X