top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, they cancelled my Old Navy Card....Not included in BK, always paid, can I...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, they cancelled my Old Navy Card....Not included in BK, always paid, can I...

Can I try to get in reinstated? I think my JC Penny card is going to be cancelled too as it just recently showed up on my credit report as a negative (although it has always been paid)

I really was hoping that a couple of my store cards stayed active (for extra discounts).

Is there ANY use in talking to them, or do I just leave it.

Thanks!
    Filed Ch. 7 on 3/9/11
    341 scheduled 4/18/11
    DISCHARGED 6/20/11

Never hurts to call them and request that your account be reopened. If they can look at your payment history and see that you were in good standing, they may allow it. However, it is pretty standard to close out an account of a customer who has filed bankruptcy.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ScaredINMich View Post
      Can I try to get in reinstated? I think my JC Penny card is going to be cancelled too as it just recently showed up on my credit report as a negative (although it has always been paid)
      Does Old Navy handle their own plastic? I have a Ho Depot card that is handled by Citibank. If you included in BK an account from the actual issuer, could explain the Old Navy card.
      No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

I believe it's GE Money Bank that handles the Old Navy & Gap cards. I'd love to be able to keep them for the awesome discounts and rewards as well, but I know it won't happen, so I'm not paying them off. I'm going to just include them in the BK. ON sometimes has discounts online where you don't have to use their card.

Comment

Originally posted by octoblonde View Post
          I believe it's GE Money Bank that handles the Old Navy & Gap cards. I'd love to be able to keep them for the awesome discounts and rewards as well, but I know it won't happen, so I'm not paying them off. I'm going to just include them in the BK. ON sometimes has discounts online where you don't have to use their card.
          Yes, this is correct. It is GE Money and when I called and asked about it, they said it's their policy to close any accounts with people in a BK. I explained (over and over) that this card was always paid off and on time and was not included in BK.

My bigger issue is that I actually have a credit with them for about $50. They are NOT talking to me AT ALL about that. Said that my lawyer has to talk to them. It just doesn't make sense as this card wasn't included in BK and my lawyer doesn't know about it. They told me (after waiting 1/2 hour for a supervisor) that we can re-look at it after the case is discharged.

ACK!
          Filed Ch. 7 on 3/9/11
          341 scheduled 4/18/11
          DISCHARGED 6/20/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X