So I called the car finance company...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I called the car finance company...

And asked they come pick up their vehicle.

My 341 was 14 days ago and so far so good. I'm a Ch 7 no asset case and surrendered my vehicle.

Well, per the BK laws the car finance company was not allowed to contact me but I was not using the car and I didn't want it taking up any more space - so I called them and asked if they can come pick it up.

She stated they would not have contacted me until the 61st day and that because I called them she would arrange the pick up.

The repo company is coming tomorrow morning to take the vehicle ... I guess what I'm wondering is... Was it okay I called them and asked them to pick up the car? I can't see why it's not? But I may be ignorant :0

I did take lots of pics of the vehicle... But what do you all think?

I haven't heard of any problem with you contacting the car company and arranging to surrender the vehicle. I am also surrendering a vehicle and my attorney advised that I could call and arrange pick up and a pre-disclosed date and time. This helps with avoiding any surprises and any possible embarrassing situations. I do however, plan to use my vehicle as long as humanly possible. So hopefully my finance company waits for me to call them.
    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

You've done nothing wrong.
      The law says they can't contact you-nothing says you can't contact them and make arrangements to surrender the car.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X