Wells Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wells Fargo

I was told by my lawyer that Wells Fargo would freeze my account once they know about my bankruptcy and that I should open an account with another bank. I did open an account with Bank of the West. I go to my 341 meeting on April 20th. I just have a question, does anyone know the time frame that Wells Fargo will freeze my account? Any help is apperciated!

Hey sind, I've seen this on the Forum before, darn it, wish I knew the link. But I do know for sure they freeze the account. If I can find the link, I post it here for you.
    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

There is much about Wells Fargo here - just put it in the search field on top and you should see the horror stories. I had an account with WF and after reading these stories, opened up an account at a small bank and quietly (each day) took my money out of WF through the ATM and put it into the new bank. I took out the maximum each day (I had almost enough for a lawyer at that time so it was a bit). I then left just enough in there to pay internet charges for a month and when that wasn't touched, put enough in for 6 months of internet service after my 341. But, any big money I would get out as soon as you can.

Comment

Yep. We totally dropped WF and BOA as soon as we knew we intended to file and moved all our money and switched everything to a smaller bank that we had no debts with.

Comment

Wells Fargo didn't freeze my accounts once I filed bk. My 341 was last week and my account hasn't been frozen. To my knowledge they will freeze your account if you have a credit with them that you intend to include bankruptcy or if you have more than 5k. Either way they didn't close my account, but I did open another account at another bank just in case they tried to freeze my account.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X