re-auto loan postpone closing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re-auto loan postpone closing?

I finally called our one lienholder for 1 of our cars yesterday. We filed 90 days ago, and neither myself nor atty had any re affirm papers from the one lienholder. (the other auto was already done and processed several weeks ago and posted to bk case on pacer)...anywho..to my suprise, the bank said they've received no papers requesting the re affirm for the car....mind you it has about 8 or 9 payments, and a total bal of $1200.00, so they told me 'hey, we dont care, we're not making you do a re affirm, and it would take an act of congress this late in your case to get it pushed thru the court, so dont worry', they told me just keep paying it. So my question- finally- is could or will this hold up closing of my case? trustee already issued his report, no asset, no distribution, he's done his investigation, lets close it. thanks for your advise ya'll
    Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

I'm actually going through something similar. We're 15 days out. I contacted the auto loan company today for our second car and they said they received re-aff ppwk but it was for our first car/first car loan company, not them. ARGH.

I put a call into my lawyer to ask them 1) to send the correct ppwk to them (I can't use their online bill pay system until it's re-affirmed and that's mostly what irritates me about this, plus they said that they won't report any positive payment history unless it's re-affirmed) and 2) what this does to our timeline or if it does anything.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X