Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PNC Settlement Update

Hi Everyone,
    Here is my update on the settlement I offered PNC. After a few days of missed calls I finally spoke with someone from PNC yesterday. He first said that after looking over my file he could see that I had filed for bankruptcy. I thought really??? ...no kidding!!! He then said that they wanted $41,000 to settle on the loan that has a balance of $65, 800. I said no way. I don't have that kind of money. He asked me how much I could possibly come up with. I told him the $5,000 I offered in my settlement letter was all I had to give. He said that offer was rejected. He then once again asked me how much more I could possibly come up with. Once again I said I offered what I had! He said that that offer was rejected and that if I wanted I could resubmit another offer but that I would have to go through the entire process again (filling out forums, sending in all my financial information) because he would have to close out my file. I told him okay. He was silent and then said when I have more to give to complete another settlement package. He then hung up. That was the conversation. He wasn't what I would call rude but he wasn't exactly pleasant either. Who cares. I knew they would reject it but at least I tried. I'm surprised he kept asking about how much more money I could come up with. I wasn't expecting that. I'm done for now. Just wondering if they will sell this loan to someone else. If they do I have no incentive to settle with another company if PNC holds the lien. Just thought I would share! Have a great day!
    08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
    04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
    06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
    08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

they will probably hold out hoping the value will go up and they will have more than 5k in equity in the future. lame reasoning if you ask me. a bird in hand....but that's too logical for the banks..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X