top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hospital attempting to garish wages after filing for bankruptcy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hospital attempting to garish wages after filing for bankruptcy?

My boss got a call today from the local hospital trying to verify employment. I included this hospital in my creditors when I filed for Chapter 7. The only reason I can think of that they would want to verify my employment would be for attempting to garnish wages. I'm going to call my lawyer tomorrow and see if he will look into it. We did get a notice after filing from the hospital that should not have been sent as well.

Can anybody think of another reason they might have called my work?
    Last edited by kayba; 04-19-2011, 01:39 PM. Reason: my horrible spelling
    Filed 2/28/11 341 3/24/11 Discharge and Closed 5/24/11

did you verify that you listed the correct address for the hospital in your petition so that they were served properly? at any rate, all you have to do is send a copy of your petition to them proving you listed them. and even if you did not, i have heard that it is still covered somehow. perhaps your attorney can send the copy to them.

Comment

Yes we know we had the proper address, from both letter sent to me and my lawyer being very familiar with contacting them.
      Filed 2/28/11 341 3/24/11 Discharge and Closed 5/24/11

Comment

Originally posted by kayba View Post
        Yes we know we had the proper address, from both letter sent to me and my lawyer being very familiar with contacting them.
        Since you filed, it would be simple just to call bookkeeping, ask the persons name, and explain that you have filed and for her records here is your docket number. That is all it would take but log the time, date, name. Be courteous. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X