No announcement yet.

341 on 5/23 but had to buy a car today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so glad that you have what appears to be a GREAT attorney. Ours wouldn't come off vacation on a bet, no matter what.

Our attorney was so out of touch, that when the expiration date for a settlement that the trustee offered us via our attorney, regarding our 2004(b) examination, that they contacted US instead. WE negotiated our settlement of that particular problem, and did fine. No thanks at all to our attorney.

God Bless both of you. I am following.....
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I just had to comment because it's so unusual, but my ex husband and I once hit a horse, horse did the same thing, hopped a fence, right in front of us on a 2 lane road. He landed on the ground but his head came through our windshield.

I just never met anyone else who hit a random horse before!

Comment

Got back from the legal beagle:

-- The purchase was post filing (file date: was 4-21 the accident 4-25) so the replacement car doesn't have to be reported. So long as it wasn't financed and wasn't bought with "sudden" money, we're good.

-- He's not going to devalue the wrecked car but attach the accident reports and a request to remove it as a asset and speak with the court pre-341.

-- He's going to handle the accident suit on a contingency basis.

All and all, a good meeting. No current problems with our Ch. 7, he's expecting it to "gavel through" and the accident is a open-and-shut case and expects it to settle before our 341 and doesn't see us having to report anything to the trustee.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X