Lawyer says buy a second car to help qualify-some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawyer says buy a second car to help qualify-some questions

So lawyer is saying to buy a second car-we need the payment. I have one car payment to reaffirm, but am just loathe to buy another, but I will do what needs to be done to get through this on a ch7. Besides, my wife's car has 204k on it. Although I am an excellent mechanic, I am getting tired of keeping up with it. Anyhow, here is my question: I am filing by myself in California. Can she buy it in her own name as her credit is good, and will it still be counted in my bk as a household expense? I probably could do it, I have high income but my credit is ruined from letting my house go. I don't want to put her name on the second car if I have to do it, so I am unsure on what to do or how this will go.

New Car Loan

This is really a question you should be asking your lawyer, but in Texas a spouse's payments on secured debts during the 6 months prior to filing can be deducted on the Means Test. That said, I would think carefully about whether or not you want another debt to deal with after the bankruptcy.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X