I want to share my Pro Se chapter 7 no asset . Filed 3/21/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to share my Pro Se chapter 7 no asset . Filed 3/21/2011

After putting off filing for BK for over a year, with being unemployed since 09 giving the bank back my car and having hopes of getting a job and getting myself out of debt. After all the stress I could handle my employment running out soon and no jobs in sight. and Receiving TWO different summons from two different companies. I knew I had to do something quick and my only option was Chapter 7 BK. So on March 16th 2011 I started searching for the documents that had to be filled out to file. I found all the papers on the governments website. and started filling those bad boys out. On March 21st 2011. I filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy with my $299 filing fee in hand. I took all the minimum papers needed to file to the court house and filed.

Over the next week I filled out all of the other papers that had to be turned in and filed those on March 28th 2011. I Then received in the mail my date for my 341 meeting set for April 21, 2011.. Like everyone else, I stressed and stressed and stressed about it.

I finished the required debtors education class online at $10 debtor education (google it) Cheapest one out there.

I went in for my 341 meeting, left early enough to go over to the court house and file the certification for the class, while waiting for my boyfriend to come from the restroom I looked at my 341 meeting letter. My meeting was TOMORROW! So I had another day to stress about things. I went back in the morning, I wore Jeans and a black dress shirt, and my plaid Velcro shoes. I saw everything in dress form from a suit and tie, jeans and tennis shoes to dresses and skirts. I was LAST so I got to watch 8 people go before me. which made me feel a lot better. I saw everything. Half the people all had one attorney. Their's all went pretty smooth. There was two guys before me one with an attorney one also Pro Se. Let's just say. You don't need and attorney. The guys attorney didn't know jack. and you could tell they were obviously trying to hide things. As he had given aways a motorcycle sold another and then bought a car and worked on it. (not the smartest cookie in the cookie jar)

Then there was a Pro Se before me. He was an older guy, and he wore a Suit and Tie he looked like he could have been someone else's attorney. But nope, he was a debtor. He didn't even have his SS card with him . Which is REQUIRED at the meeting. nor did he have his tax returns filed. I was just in amazement at the people I saw.

Then It was my turn. I got called up was sworn in stated my Full Name and Address. I was asked the normal questions everyone was asked. I only answered YES or NO. I never went further unless asked. I hadn't sent in my tax returns to the trustee but I had them with me. and that was okay. You also have to have your bank statements from the DAY you FILED with the amount that was in each and every account.

Then It was over. It took me a whole 3 minutes. Everyone else was over 5. The trustee looked pretty shocked. It was nice though, he was a pretty nice guy and had a sense of humor.

Anyhow. I am now waiting for 6/20/2011 to come around as it is the last day that any objections can be made. only 48 days to go!
    Last edited by LolaSparks; 05-03-2011, 12:22 PM.
    Filed Pro Se 3/21/2011
    341 4/21/2011
    DISCHARGED 6/21/2011

Congratulations and good luck!
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Best wishes!!!

Comment

Fantastic! You must feel so proud! Here's to you and your boyfriend sitting next to a pool and enjoying your "new life" this summer.
        Lala
        This forum is full of amazingly talented, intelligent and caring people.
        Ch7 BK filed Pro se: 6/2011; 341 Meeting: 7/2011; Assets abandoned; Report of No Distribution: 8/2011; Discharged and closed 9/2011.

Comment

Forgot to mention. I decided and filed in the time of 4 days. It was a lot of work, But It was well worth it. Wish I wouldn't have waited so long. or thought that I NEEDED an attorney.
          Filed Pro Se 3/21/2011
          341 4/21/2011
          DISCHARGED 6/21/2011

Comment

Good for you, Lola! It's nice when you can do it on your own. Not that I'd know.
            There are two secrets for success in life:
            1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X