Creditor question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditor question...

We filed a no asset/Chp7 last Friday. In the mail yesterday was a collections notice (dated the day before we filed) for one of the medical bills listed by the original medical office in our Schedule F. I called the collectors today and informed them of our case number and attorney information. Also, this same collector is already named for other medical bills also included in our filing.

My question is...since the collection notice is dated just prior to our filing, do we have to amend our Schedule F to include the collection office information even though the original medical office and amount are already listed?
    Last edited by IamIrene; 05-03-2011, 03:27 PM.
    Any opinion expressed is based on personal experience and/or research. i.e.

If you listed the OC that should be sufficient.
    Send your lawyer a copy of the letter.

Comment

Worst case scenario is an amended schedule, which your attorney can easily do at this point. Generally, the discharge is aimed at the creditor - the account(s) and balance(s) are generally trivial, and most of the time the discharge is a catch-all for the accounts owned by the creditor, listed or not. But, an amended schedule to include this specific account is simple and pretty much airtight. Your attorney will know the lay of the land.

How big is the bill in question?

Comment

If it is truly a no asset case, there shouldn't be an issue. I wouldn't even bother with the amendment. You have that collection agency listed, so they will receive notice (even if it's for their other accounts), like keepmine said, the OC was listed, and last but certainly not least, it is widely held that in a no-asset Chapter 7, all pre-petition debt is included provided it was not a non-dischargeable debt to begin with. debee just posted a great post (see post #2) on that very topic in the following thread: http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...fter-Discharge
        Since you are in the 9th Circuit, this applies to you
        Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X