New employment and bad credit/bankruptcy on background check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New employment and bad credit/bankruptcy on background check

After extensive interviewing, I was finally offered a better job today with a start date of May 23. However, the offer is contingent upon passing a background check (which I will) as well as a credit check. Here is my dilemma. I filed BK7 in March, my 341 hearing is right around the corner on May 10th. Am I better to wait to sign the offer and consent to a background/credit check pre BK which would show my horrible credit past or post BK which will undoubtedly show the BK?

Also, how long after the 341 does it take to show up as a public record?
    BK7 - Discharged May 2011

the filing of the bankruptcy petition of chapter 7 appeared on all three credit reports the day that i filed. have you looked at your credit report since you filed? plus i disputed some things and they already started reporting as 'petitioned chapter 7 as well'. when the discharge happens then that status as well will appear on the credit reports.

Comment

My husband was in the same spot as you are. I think it all depends on the company. We filed in June 08 and were discharged in Sept 08. He accepted a new job in August 08 that reqiured the background and credit check (their main office was in another state & he would have a company vehicle, laptop, phone & credit card). He was upfront about his credit and the bk. They did go ahead and hire him & there was no problem getting the company credit card or anything.
      Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
      Livin' the GOOD life

Comment

The moment the chapter 7 is filed it is an instant public record. My filing showed up on my credit report 3 days later.
        Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Congratulations on the job offer, Epic. I hope everything works out for you.

Comment

If they seem hesitant about hiring you check into a "surety bond". They are very inexpensive and protect the employer from any loss. Plan to overcome any objections that they might have about your credit history.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X