Domestication of lawsuits...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Domestication of lawsuits...

As far as the judgment goes, the lawyer said not to worry about it because the lawsuit was filed in Cali and the only real property we own is our home(which is being surrendered) in AZ. He said the lawyer would have to transfer (something to that effect) the judgment to get it to attach to the home. And since it hasn't been done yet, it wont happen because of the filing. Is that right?
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 05-04-2011, 06:12 PM. Reason: To make clearer with the later post about Domesticating Lawsuits
    **Filed - 5/4/11 Bring it on! ** 341 - Scheduled for 6/6/11 that wasn't so bad, but continued **Discharge - (after 8/5/11)
    **Credit Scores - 5/4/11 - EQ = 590**EX = 656**TU = 702

Yes. It has to be domesticated first and now it's too late. (Thanks to shark66 for teaching me about that!)

Haha on them!
    There are two secrets for success in life:
    1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

that's what i thought, went through the first 60 days now T wants another 60 days, . we are an asset case and it looks like we might lose everything. don't count your chickens as they say.
      Last edited by AngelinaCat; 05-04-2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Sorry for what you're going through with your bk lowdough, but your case and brighteyes case are vastly different.

You had multiple business, unexempted equity, the furnishings issue, etc.

brighteyes case is pretty straightforward. In cases such as this, there are rarely any surprises. And since brighteyes hung out at the forum and got educated before filing, the surprises are even less likely.

But I do hope your case works out better than it looks at the moment.
        There are two secrets for success in life:
        1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X