top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any attorney referrals for Charlotte NC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any attorney referrals for Charlotte NC?

Am trying to set up interviews with attorneys in Charlotte NC, would appreciate if anyone on this board who has used or is using an atty from Charlotte area, would let me know what they think of their atty, good or bad. Messaging is fine if you don't want to put it out on the board. Thanks!

While people aren't allowed to recommend specific attorneys on bkforum.com, what worked well for me was a google search for bankruptcy chapter 7 trustees in my district of my state.

Other people here have said they feel a bankruptcy attorney who is also a trustee may be a stickler for the rules and not be willing to stretch them. I found it was quite the opposite. My attorney was a trustee and knew how far to stretch the rules without breaking them. I was very happy with how my Chapter 7 turned out.

So in your case StrawberrySu, I recommend you google "nc western district bankruptcy trustees" and give some of them a call.
    Filed/discharged/closed Chapter 7 in 2010!

Comment

I would urge you to try the above advice and be cautious about the heavy advertisers. If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably opt for pro se but I wouldn't pick a heavy advertiser. saved a few hundred and spent it on beer. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by IHateToBeEmo View Post
        While people aren't allowed to recommend specific attorneys on bkforum.com, what worked well for me was a google search for bankruptcy chapter 7 trustees in my district of my state.

Other people here have said they feel a bankruptcy attorney who is also a trustee may be a stickler for the rules and not be willing to stretch them. I found it was quite the opposite. My attorney was a trustee and knew how far to stretch the rules without breaking them. I was very happy with how my Chapter 7 turned out.

So in your case StrawberrySu, I recommend you google "nc western district bankruptcy trustees" and give some of them a call.
        IHTBEmo, that is good advice! I have already got my hopes up for one of the trustees' law firms. I have emailed back and forth with his law partner, and figured she is gonna know what flies in the district or she can ask him out right if we have any questions. I know I have to check out multiple attorneys, but I kind of have my heart set on her, lol. Is it ok for anyone to pm me with recommendations, is not?

Comment

Hey there Daylate! We are finally getting that trip "on the road" mid May. I don't want to go pro se because I don't want the weight of it on me. If the attorney screws up, that's one thing, if I screw up....

As far as heavy advertisers ... do you mean in the phone book or on the net? I can only research via the net. Lots of the attorneys and trustees in the area don't even seem to have web pages ...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X