Hope for others - new home new life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope for others - new home new life

I cannot praise the knowledge I gained through other people sharing their stories and experience enough. So here goes...

We desperately wanted out of our situation. The debt was killing us, we hated where we lived, lost all our investment on the house and no chance of selling for even close to what I owed. I stopped paying everything at the end of last summer (except auto loans as we wanted to keep them).

I am awaiting discharge. 341 was at the end of March. We started planning our move as soon as I filed with plans to vacate and move 4 states away with an open bk. I was a wreck about finding a place to rent that was a nice safe home for our family. I lost sleep over it for sure. I read other people's stories on here and worried myself sick. I contacted many property managers and most were ok with bad credit, but not the bk.

I spent a lot of time on craigslist and emailed about houses daily. I even posted an ad on craigslist stating our circumstances and price range. I had many people contact me over the course of a month when I had it posted, but finally one came through that looked perfect. The house is owned by a couple with 5 children and they were more than happy to consider us as renters. They confirmed employment/income and no prior evictions and that was it.

We moved in this weekend and I am so relieved! The house is so much bigger and nicer than what we left behind. We didn't have to pay anything extra, just deposit and 1st month's rent! It was so much stress and worry and work to get here, but it all worked out. I am counting on that discharge to come through on time in a few weeks and even more stress and worry to wash away.

Believe in that fresh start! It may take tons of energy and perseverance, but there are people out there willing to help make it happen for you. I know that the couple that rented to us feel very good about helping us and we are so thankful we will be great tenants. We are close to family and friends now and out of a terrible situation that we couldn't imagine escaping this time last year.
    Stopped paying 8/2010, Filed 2/2011, 341 3/2011 done, Report of no distribution . . . Discharged & Closed 5/2011!

ahh october..that is soooo great. So happy for you.
    Good luck to you n your fam!!

HUGS all around.
    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and your family. This is an Extra-Special Mother's Day for you!!!
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Aww - that's so awesome for you! Somehow, someway things DO typically work themselves right out.

Comment

Originally posted by october99 View Post
          I even posted an ad on craigslist stating our circumstances and price range. I had many people contact me over the course of a month when I had it posted, but finally one came through that looked perfect. The house is owned by a couple with 5 children and they were more than happy to consider us as renters. They confirmed employment/income and no prior evictions and that was it.
          What a great strategy!! Enjoy your new digs.
          There are two secrets for success in life:
          1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Always wonderful to hear how good things can come out of this kind of awful situation. Congratulations!!
            Any opinion expressed is based on personal experience and/or research. i.e.

Comment

Congratulations to you and your family, may your new beginning be blessed and the start of many wonderful things coming your way.

Comment

Congrats, october! You give us all hope for a brighter future
                Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Glad things worked out for you! Just keep your new landlord happy!
                  Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
                  New Job 7-2011

Comment

Thank you for posting this! We just filed last Friday and we will have to move out of our house that has been home for many years. I too am worried about finding a place to rent that is suitable for our family and that will take us with BK and walking from the house. Your story has given me great hope. Congratulations to you on your fresh start!
                    Filed 05/10/11, 341 Meeting 06/02/11, Report of No Distribution 06/02/11, Discharged 08/10/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X