one month after 341, what should I expect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one month after 341, what should I expect

Appreciate if some of the veterans here can help me.

Our 341 was one month ago. At 341 I made trustee aware that there was a property exchange that too place which fell within the two year reporting window. This was not on petition because I thought it was older than two years.

She appreciated my honesty and just ask me and attorney to amend petition to reflect it. At the end of 341 she said I am recommending a no asset case thank you. But as we got up to leave she caught herself and said I will keep the case open for now until you get me the statement on property sale from two years ago.

I got the documents and forwarded to my lawyer. They sent them to trustee and amended the petition.

I have received nothing else from trustee or lawyer. Here is the situation.
    The case summary on Pacer shows Asset:NO.
    Does this indicate a decision by trustee or is it a designation based on the way my attorney filed the petition?

Pending status says awaiting discharge. Is this good or just a normal tag added after the 341?

On the docket report it shows the trustee initial report filed the day after the 341 but the number you click on to access it is not underlined and not a link. Is this normal?

Lastly, when should I see something change and what is the next anticipated step?

Thanks in advance for your help, I just really want this thing to be over so I can have a drink and relax.

Originally posted by porkchopcash View Post
    The case summary on Pacer shows Asset:NO. Pending status says awaiting discharge.
    You are a no asset case. Now you wait out the 60 days (from your 341) until discharge. This is good.

Congrats porkchop & welcome to club 60!
    Last edited by debee; 05-10-2011, 07:54 PM. Reason: temper post with a wee bit of caution
    There are two secrets for success in life:
    1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

debee, so you are saying that designation is the result of something the trustee put in?

Comment

Yes. You are officially a "no asset" case. Creditors have 60 days to object and that is why you are "awaiting discharge".
        Last edited by debee; 05-10-2011, 07:54 PM. Reason: weight loss

Comment

Can you explain why I can't access the trustee's report. Is that normal?
          Frankly, is there anything in it of value to me or is the case summary my rosetta stone?

Comment

I skipped over this question because I've heard two conflicting explanations for it and I don't know which one is correct.

Comment

Debee,

Interesting about official no asset case on Pacer as I too show ASSET:NO but I dont have my 341 for another month and I THINK (not 100% sure) that PACER has shown no asset from the filing date...I assumed (like the OP here was asking) that it was the way my attorney entered the case but was not a done deal. I mean I will be, Im not worried about that at all (everything I own is financed and upside down except for exempt stuff), but I thought it was the "no disposition" the trustee files later that is the true finding of no asset case status..?

Im probably wrong though! Still learning all this stuff!

Comment

That's good info, sh9730. I think I may have jumped the gun. Thanks for pointing it out.

Are you also showing, "awaiting discharge"?

OP cannot access the trustee's report and I wonder if his case is still pending review because of the transfer he mentioned in his initial post.

Comment

I havent checked status since Im still just awaiting my 341 didnt think there was much point so why waste the .08 cents! I can though....but wont it just say awaiting 341 hearing?

Comment

Sorry for the double post - but another little bit that I think tells me that little indicator on PACER first page is just a "hope we are! LOL" sign is that (as per my other posts) I ve been trying like heck to surrender one of my cars before my 341 but yesterday Cap Ones legal arm tells me I CANT before the 341 as they need to wait for it to be official deemed No Asset/No dispo before they will take the car back.....so another month of insurance I must pay.

Comment

Good plan. Keep the .08 cents until something changes.

I asked about "awaiting discharge" because I didn't know. I realized (but too late) that when it comes to PACER, I don't have a clue what I'm talking about. I thought I knew a little something, but I was too ignorant to even recognize my own ignorance!

I worked it out with OP in pm a few posts ago, but left my poor answers where they lay for posterity.

edit to add: I always thought the "asset:no" designation post-341 meant the debtor was no asset, but now I think I may be wrong. Awaiting further info before I decide whether to sit on the stool with a dunce cap.

Comment

Not sure about the interpretation on PACER but I figure "no news is good news." If the trustee had a problem with your amendment I'd think you would have heard about it by now.
                        This post does not constitute legal advice. If you use my advice in place of a lawyer, God help you.

Comment

Ok, so I did some reading and here's what I found for you:

The status header just means that the current state of your case is No Asset.

If you filed as a No Asset case then this means just refers to your filing (which is what you suspected and referenced in your original post).

The TT can turn it into an asset case. What you want to see if/when it comes is the "Report of No Distribution".

Once you see it, it will mean you are a no asset case.

Now, off I go back to remedial PACER class.

Comment

Keep your eye out for that Report of No Distribution on PACER. That is when the Trustee decides that you have no assets to distribute to your creditors. If the amendment was filed, and the trustee has an issue with it, you'll see your Asset:NO changed to Asset:YES

And we were never able to access the trustee's Initial Report on PACER.
                            Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X