Reaffirm..Yes or No?? I know, I know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaffirm..Yes or No?? I know, I know...

Ok so we had our continued 341 last week. first one was in early Feb 2011. The day after this last 341 I check Pacer and there is a "Report of No Distribution". I have only 3 payments left on my vehicle. I dont want to put any more paperwork in front of our Trustee as far as a reaffirm for the vehicle. I just want to be done. I only owe about $1,800 and can probably buckle down and pay it off in about 6 weeks. Is there anything bad that can come of this? Our discharge should be any day, since our first 341 was back in early Feb. Is there any benefit to reaffirm?

Well, you have to reafirm priro to discharge so it sounds like you may be about out of time.
    With just 3 payments left, I'd just leave it alone and just fullfil the contract.

Comment

If the lender wanted a reaffirmation and you didn't sign one, they could take the car. I can't imagine them doing that since you're three payments away from the end, but they could. For that reason, I would confirm that the lender is fine with it before making any decisions.
      There are two secrets for success in life:
      1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

I was ask to reaffirm with Toyota after my 341 hearing and I didn't. I was four payment from paying car off when I got the letter. I call and told them instead of going back to court to reaffirm, let me send in two payment and the next month the last two. Well it was fine with them after they got second month payments, the loan was paid off. They mail me my pink slip about 20 days later.
        filed 10/27/2010 341 12/10/2010
        No assets 12/15/2010 Discharged 3/2/11 Closed 3/7/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X