How case is closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How case is closed

Mine was an asset case and i got the discharge last year. My trustee recently submitted his final report and held a hearing on final report. I was not required to attend the meeting and my lawyer also agreed. I believe there were no issues or otherwise I would have known. The final report included the payouts and his fees. Pacer says final report submitted and status as Awaiting Closing

It has been more than 30 days since the final hearing. I was wondering what is the status of the case now and what is the next step and when will case close

Asset cases can take a long time to close...though most close within 60-90 days after the final report. Very dependent on where the case is filed - the Trustees are usually very busy. I have heard of 12 month waits. A lot of paperwork has to change hands behind the scenes.

Nothing wrong with calling the courthouse in another 30 days or so to check in. Some are nice, some are not, some will push the magic "close" button right then and there, others will make you sorry you ever called... But, check in anyway. Just be nice, as we all know you are.

Comment

An asset case closing is sort of like watching paint dry or the grass grow...........

Patience grasshopper.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X