top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is official?? Pacer or the deadline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is official?? Pacer or the deadline?

Hi;
    Yesterday was the deadline the 16th; but pacer shows 57 days?? Can I still have creditors sue me; till the 20th??
    Is my case almost done?
    Thanks
    Russ

Originally posted by NewStart11 View Post
    Hi;
    Yesterday was the deadline the 16th; but pacer shows 57 days?? Can I still have creditors sue me; till the 20th??
    Is my case almost done?
    Thanks
    Russ

PACER of course, or snail mail if you do not have pacer. Your case may not be closed exactly on 60 days it is no rule to do so. Also ours was extended at the last minute. However, PACER is official and are recorded documents of real actions, and are as good as the follow up mail you will get. Hope that helps. 'Hub

EDIT: Also if your 60 falls on a weekend, it will not count as 60 as they are not 'working days'.
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

To clarify...does that only count for day 60, or does that count for all non-business days? Are we to be counting 60 business days or is it just that if day 60 happens to fall on a non-business day, then the next business day would be the discharge date? (Does that make sense?) I'm curious, because I *think* I'm at 60 days today, but this whole non-business day thing might throw a wrench in it...
      --------------------------------------------
      As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Start from the date of your 341, and count 60 calendar days after that. If day 60 lands on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, go to the next business day.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Got it! Then, today is day 60 for us! Hurray!
          --------------------------------------------
          As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Back to the original question, which is official: Pacer or the deadline?

The deadlines are what is official. Pacer is just where you find the documentation. Pacer is not always updated in the most timely fashion, depending on how behind people are.

Look for the official deadlines......
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X