top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PACER - How do you utilize this resource?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PACER - How do you utilize this resource?

I saw mention of this in different threads and found the website, but don't know how to use the source. Can you give some direction?
    Thanks.

Filed 5/20/11
    341 Meeting 7/6/11
    Awaiting Discharge..........

I'm anxious to hear the responses too...I have an account but haven't done a thing with it.
    Filed Ch. 7 on 3/9/11
    341 scheduled 4/18/11
    DISCHARGED 6/20/11

Comment

Go to the general Bankruptcy thread on the forum and find the PACER Guide. it tells you mechanically how to use. Basically is a record of everything that happens in your filing, starting with your filing. Then the scheduling of your 341. It'll list the trustees report as to whether or not you are a asset/no asset case, any adveserial proceedings that may be filed against you and finally your discharge. There is probably other stuff reported but these are the key ones.

Comment

Originally posted by daylate View Post
        Go to the general Bankruptcy thread on the forum and find the PACER Guide. it tells you mechanically how to use. Basically is a record of everything that happens in your filing, starting with your filing. Then the scheduling of your 341. It'll list the trustees report as to whether or not you are a asset/no asset case, any adveserial proceedings that may be filed against you and finally your discharge. There is probably other stuff reported but these are the key ones.
        daylate is correct but let me enhance. Any legal case has what is called a docket. It is your legal file that in a civil case is held by the Clerk of Courts. It has copies of all actions. Same with bk as this is a true legal case and you have a docket. The docket number is your case number or bankruptcy case number. Calling that what you wish, when something happens in your case, is a day or so, this is pdf-ed into PACER so that as in any suit, or filing in Civil Court is Public Record.

You simply sign up for PACER, and you can do this online. Google PACER and it will tell you how and what. Usually they want a credit card but there are other ways.

Now with your name, and optionally you can select your local Court location, and your case number, you can go right to your files. You must get a user ID and a password that you will get once signed up.

The costs are eights cents per page to look up a file. There are categories, but I like the docket as it gives a bit of a short note as to the contents. When you open the document, you can save it to your hard drive to build your own history and save money. You will be billed to use this. Here is how that works. Eight cents a page and in the event you collect more than ten bucks you will be billed online as well as by mail for the amount you owe. If you do not go past ten bucks, you will still be billed, but it will be zero as you will not be charged for less than ten bucks a month. This is not accumulated so watch to stay below ten and you will never have to pay.

PACER is nice as it is usually faster info than by mail. You will still get a hard copy in the mail but it is a real convenience of you do not go nutz using it. Best I can do. 'Hub

EDIT: sign in with name and last digits of SS or your docket number.
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thank you for the help and directions. Very much appreciated.

Filed 5/20/11
          341 Meeting 7/6/11
          Awaiting Discharge..........

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X