Change of Address after 341 Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change of Address after 341 Meeting

I am planning to move at the end of the month. Had my creditor meeting two weeks ago. Things went smoothly. Trustee said he would rule my case a "no asset" case so I'm not expecting any creditor challenges.

Anyone know if I have to serve the trustee and creditors with the change of address form? Can I just file the document with the court clerk at this point?

No creditors showed up at the 341 meeting if that matters.

Thanks for the advice.

I'm not sure what's technically required, but a standard forwarding order at the post office is all we used (granted, ours was just temporary...our permanent residence never changed). A few court notices, even certified letters informing us of the foreclosure sale, were all forwarded without issue.
    Standard disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. I am an idiot. Do not take my advice. I am not responsible for what happens if you blindly follow an idiot's advice. Blah blah and more legal stuff.

Comment

We were told by the trustee to make sure that we notified the court of our new address, if we moved. As a CYA action, I would submit a change of address with the court (check your local court's website to see if there are specific instructions or forms), and I would also forward a copy of that change of address to the trustee, return receipt requested. Never hurts to cover all your bases.

ETA: Just taking a look and seeing that FRB 4002 (a)5 actually states one of the debtor's duties is to "file a statement of any change of the debtor's address."
      Last edited by free2breathe; 05-24-2011, 01:46 PM.
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

I think the forwarding order at the post office would be okay, but if it sets your mind at ease, then follow free2breathe's advice.

Good luck to you!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X