top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discharged! And wow those who troll the public records are FAST!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged! And wow those who troll the public records are FAST!

So how do I find out? I open some junk mail from an auto dealer congratulating me on my discharge and blah blah sales ad. Wait, what!? I log on to PACER and sure enough, discharged and closed. Took a little longer than I had hoped for but it wasn't too painful. Now I can finally move forward with a couple of quitclaim deeds and put the divorce, the old house, the bad debt, all of my past behind me. And on top of that, some much needed time with my family this weekend, a long overdue vacation next weekend, again with family, then after that hopefully home ownership again, this time without the whole mortgage business. Won't be fancy, but it will be liberating.

This is what it feels like, for those of you going through it. The end, it feels... FANTASTIC. Nothing but hope and the firm knowledge that better days lie ahead. Hang in there everyone, because the ending is a happy one!

This is great news. I do not remember presenting our Forums traditional "Dance of Victory" by our World famous hamsters. If you got one, fine. If not, this is for you from all of us here on BK.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

hahaha awesome! I'm old enough to remember the original hamster dance web page. One of the first internet memes really, right up there with the old dancing baby. Feels great to have this all behind me, and I'm not even slightly apprehensive about the future. I know exactly what screwed my financial and personal life up before, and I know better than to ever let it happen again. We all live and learn but when we face a time like this, it just feels so good to cross the finish line. I'll be second guessing myself for years but deep down I know I did what I had to do.

Comment

Yay nekom!!! Happy fresh start to you! Congrats!!!!
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

This is so funny!!! I guess all the PACER junkies should take note, unplug and just start checking their mailboxes.

Congrats, nekom!
          There are two secrets for success in life:
          1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Congrats, nekom! It does feel good, doesn't it? And we all have learned (I hope) from this experience. I know I'm facing our future with a different hoofbeat for sure.
            Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Congrats!!! welcome to the club.....whats your drink order? lol \_/
              Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

Comment

Congrats on your fresh start!
                Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Originally posted by 747LUVR View Post
                  Congrats!!! welcome to the club.....whats your drink order? lol \_/
                  Got anything in an IPA?

Thanks for the congrats everyone, it's the morning after and it still feels great. On top of that, excellent weather to boot. I thought only bad news came in waves, but I guess sometimes even good things can not rain, but pour.

Comment

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations - enjoy your fresh start!

Comment

And in today's mail, confirmation from my attorney. Those public records trolls beat my own attorney by a day. Wow they are FAST. I've heard of people getting solicitations for legal counsel before they've even been served or made aware they were being sued. When I got divorced, I got religious letters from a few groups offering `comfort in your time of trouble', it's really surprising how very much public records are trolled.

I can't help but wonder what kind of subprime credit card offers I'll get in the coming weeks.

Comment

Congrats!!!!

LOL........yep, the trolls are amazing. When my lawsuit got filed, I got letters from about 14 attorneys. Obviously, I would not use one of them because if they have to "troll" the court records to get clients, I didn't want them.

Enjoy your new start!!!!
                          Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                          341 5/23/11
                          DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Originally posted by free2breathe View Post
                            Congrats, nekom! It does feel good, doesn't it? And we all have learned (I hope) from this experience. I know I'm facing our future with a different hoofbeat for sure.
                            I agree, it feels so great to be discharged. We are hopful that hubby will find a full time job very soon.
                            Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

My discharge was set for May 23rd 2011, and I still have not received and notice of discharge. Plus nothing is indicated on PACER as of 6/1/2011 one week after the proposed discharge date. How long after do you get a discharge notice? Should I be concerned? Should I do anything?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X