Creditor did not sign or date the reaffirmation agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditor did not sign or date the reaffirmation agreement

Is this still a valid agreement? My signature and my attorney's is on it but not the creditors, they also did not put an acceptance date on it.

Is it filed with the court?

Comment

Yes, looks like it there's a "date filed" at the top of the doc and case number. However, the debt was purchased by another company other than the one it was reaffirmed with during the BK case.

Comment

If it was filed by the creditor, that may be sufficient. The e-filing system can act as a defacto signature and date.

But who filed it with the court, the creditor listed on the reaff or this 2nd company?

Also, I guess the more fundamental question...if you signed it, your attorney signed it...why do you care?

Comment

The original creditor did.

Comment

Then it will most likely be considered a valid reaffirmation...after all, the reaffirmation is the culmination of the "debtors" intent to reaffirm a debt. And if it is filed on PACER and it was the creditor who filed it with your signature, your attorneys signature, etc., not sure on what basis you could argue that it really isn't a valid reaffirmation at this point.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X