Finally filed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally filed!

It's official! I signed this morning, and after some corrections to my petition, I just got an email from my attorney's assistant with my case number.

She said 2-4 weeks and I should be having my 341. I know there are some scheduled here for this coming Thursday; I was thinking about going down there and sitting in on some. There are 36 Chapter 7's and about 10 or so Chapter 13's scheduled for that day. I pulled up the schedule last night and it looks like they do them in groups of 3 every half hour. It is allowed for me to go and observe, right?

Soooo, I'm a little nervous and a little relieved.
    Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
    "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

Yay!! I know that feeling of terrified relief!! You will be fine now!! Congrats!!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Isn't it a good feeling? Now you could breath.

Comment

Congrats on making the first step to your new financial freedom. I, like others, remember the mixed bag of feelings of relief and panic.
        Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Thank you!

I just had opportunity to speak to an attorney (well, likely the attorney's flunky LOL) for Discover. They call all the time; of course I generally avoid. Well, tonight I picked it right up. She asked for me, and asked me to confirm the last 4 digits of my SSN. I told her that I had filed BK today, she asked for my attorney's name and phone number. I offered the case number as well. She took that, told me to have a good night, and we were done. Woot! That was more freeing than anything :-D
          Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
          "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X