I'm checking out some attorney's tomorrow by watching them at 341's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm checking out some attorney's tomorrow by watching them at 341's

We've already interviewed one, so I want to see how she does. And three other ones that we will be interviewing are also scheduled. I can't believe how freaking nervous I am, though!

But at least it will be a practice run for when we have our own, eventually. It's in a different building from the courthouse (AND I WILL REMEMBER TO LEAVE CELL-PHONE IN MY CAR) And I can see how it goes. There's 37 scheduled with one Trustee.

And no, I'm not choosing my attorney this way, but I'm betting it will be surefire way of being able to check an attorney off of our list, though.
    This forum is full of amazingly talented, intelligent and caring people.
    Ch7 BK filed Pro se: 6/2011; 341 Meeting: 7/2011; Assets abandoned; Report of No Distribution: 8/2011; Discharged and closed 9/2011.

Originally posted by Lalalink View Post
    And no, I'm not choosing my attorney this way, but I'm betting it will be surefire way of being able to check an attorney off of our list, though.
    Congratulations to you, Lalalink. You actually have made a very good decision to do it this way. You are having both the 'run-through' and the *fun* of watching how well the attorneys are prepared. It is sad how many are not--nor are the clients.

Please come back and give us your report! No names, of course!!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I would like to do this but can't figure out how to tell who is where/when.
      Anyone got the scoop on where to look for NJ info?? tia

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Lala, You gotta give me the scoop!!! PM me later!

Comment

Great idea Lalalink. From what I saw at my 341 yesterday, you can certainly end up with a bad attorney...fumbling over words, not being prepared...being LATE,etc...one attorney was cussing and carrying on in the hallway with a different trustee about boats and motorcycles....LOL.. Excellent way to be proactive in your case. I like when people take control over their own destiny.
          Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

When I had my hearing, one guys's attorney was late and extremely unprepared when he showed up. The trustee told him that he'd have to file an amendment to the bankruptcy petition and he was like "oh, yeah, I can do that." Like it was something that was optional. Another couple's attorney was a no-show.

Comment

What a great idea! I wish we had thought of doing that. We had a great attorney, but the trial run & seeing how things went would have been a huge help.
              Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
              Livin' the GOOD life

Comment

One thing i noticed at our hearing was at least two other people meeting "their" attorney for the first time-my guess was they were with a mill and the face guy doesn't show at 341's. Also one guy didn't show up till the very end of the session-said traffic was bad.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X