Post discharge, foreclosure not yet started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post discharge, foreclosure not yet started

First off, I'm really grateful for this forum. I've been lurking since September of last year, and it's really been a relief and an education to read here.

Our bankruptcy was just discharged last month. We're surrendering the house but foreclosure hasn't started yet. We've moved to another state because my husband finally found work after a long unemployment.

We just received a violation notice in the mail from the town where our old house was, saying that the grass is too long. If we had the money to get it cut, or even knew someone to cut it for us, we'd take care of it, but we're still struggling financially and have a lot of medical bills. There's no HOA in the area, just the local town government.

They're stating that they are going to fine us $500 if we don't take care of this. Does anyone know what our options are in this? Should I fax them a copy of our discharge and a note that it's pending foreclosure?

How are they going to collect? In our old town, the code enforcement department would just put a lien on the house. If that's their plan, let them do it - the bank will pay it when they sell the property.

Comment

Thank you very much, that's a relief to know.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X