lawyer not attending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lawyer not attending

just spoke to my lawyer and he sending his associate to our 341 meeting on friday. why is he doing this? the other person doesnt know any thing about are case. so worried.

dont worry too much - its common and happens quite often. Our lawyer wasnt at ours either and sent his associate. He read up on the entire case and if the Trustee had any issues, he wrote them down and they were submitted later on.

Try to ease your mind - you'll be okay

Comment

There have been many posts about this. Quite often, the lawyer doesn't even give advance notice. They just send an associate - surprise! It happened to us because our lawyer went on vacation. Yes - it can make you worry, but try not to lose any sleep over it. Just make sure all your paperwork is in order and maybe bring backup copies of documents just in case the Trustee claims he/she didn't get them. You'll be o.k.

Comment

My lawyer also did not attend. It was actually his father who attended. Family business. It wasn't a big deal. My 341 was over in 2 minutes.

Comment

At least he told you in advance.

Not uncommon, but at the end of the day, nothing can happen at the 341 meeting.

Comment

I knew my attorney wouldn't attend the 341. He let me know as much the day we first met, and introduced me to his associate, who would face the trustee with me. I called the associate the day before the 341 and asked her if she was familiar with my case details. She said she was but I tested her with a quick question just to see. She indeed was aware of the ins-n-outs of my case.

Long story short... don't even sweat it, especially if yours is a straight no-asset case. The above mentioned associate was held up on a different case scheduled 30 minutes prior to ours and didn't make it on time for mine. The trustee asked the 5 filers represented by my same atty if we would like to use a "stand-in" as she cannot question us without an attorney present unless we are pro se. I quickly said I would and she literally took less than 3 minutes with me. She almost seemed thankful in a weird way. To be honest I didn't even look at the guy they brought in to sit next to me. My atty's associate walked in as I was leaving. No biggie!
            Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011... 341 Meeting: 06/01/2011... Report of No Distribution: 06/01/11... Discharged & Closed: 08/04/2011

Comment

We had a stand-in also. This is quite common and really is not a cause for concern--although I truly do understand that you are.
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I, like many others, also had a stand in. However, I had no advance notice and the stand in showed up late. Shouldn't be a big deal though, you'll do fine. Make sure you have all your information with you as well, don't count on the stand-in having everything. My stand-in didn't say a word during my 341, which, by the way, lasted about 5 minutes.

Good luck to you!
                Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

We just had our 341 and we had a stand in. Would of been nice if I knew before though.

Comment

We also had a stand in, and like others, we didn't know beforehand. We searched and searched for our attorney & were starting to panic when someone came up & asked if we were so and so. They found us and all went smoothly. They answered all questions right, handled it well & answered all our questions.
                    Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
                    Livin' the GOOD life

Comment

What's the lawyer do at the meeting, you answer all the questions. 5 Minutes and your gone.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X