Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to expect at reaffirmation hearing - with Americredit

Can anyone tell me what to expect?

I'd read everything here about reaffirming, and my husband and I went back and forth. THe attny did indicate that he felt the payment would be a hardship and did not recommend, but we signed - hoping for the good faith I guess from our lender - Americredit. We are completely current. I understand that it is most likely a good thing if the court doesn't allow; but it still makes me nervous not knowing what Americredit is like on ride throughs.

Anyhow, we will not be represented at the hearing, just wondering what to expect.
    Filed ch 13 12/23/10; closed 3/14; refiled ch 7 on 4/13; 341 on 5/13; reaffirmation 7/11 (denied); 7/14/11 DISCHARGED

You can expect the trustee to look at the documentation and see if you can afford to pay for it. You can probably expect for the trustee to ask you several times if you want to do this and know the ramifications of doing it. You can possibly expect for the trustee not to allow it if it is a hardship.

But the big question remains:

Why are you paying a lawyer only to ignore his advice???
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
      But the big question remains:

Why are you paying a lawyer only to ignore his advice???
      If you see some of my other posts, you'll see I don't get much advice from the lawyer. His non recommendation was a signature on the form; that's about it. I asked the paralegal about it, and she pretty much said that I should said yes, the lawyer would say no, and the court would likely say no and I'd be all set. I just don't know what to expect of the actual hearing.

So it is with the trustee, not a judge?
      Filed ch 13 12/23/10; closed 3/14; refiled ch 7 on 4/13; 341 on 5/13; reaffirmation 7/11 (denied); 7/14/11 DISCHARGED

Comment

I've heard a lot of reaffirmation's in Maryland get rejected....I think there is a court case somewhere, I read about on this forum where Maryland is trying to stop Ford Motor from requiring it....our courts may not be fans of reaffirmation in instances of bankruptcy...I wouldn't sign it regardless
        Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X