How long till I'm sued or garnished?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long till I'm sued or garnished?

Was just told we're over income about $1,000 month to qualify for Chapter 7. I'm about to take a pay cut but will have to wait the 6 months for the reduction to qualify. My question can i hold out that long from my creditors? Wells Fargo CC already charged off our cc (Balance $14,000) All other cc's are only 30 days past due. Thanks

I was four months late on everything but the house. On advice from attny I told creditors I was filing Ch7. about three months before I did file. Never heard a word from them because I also changed phone numbers. Attny advised if they tried suing he had several ways to delay them for a few months. Never came to that. Consult with your attny, they can tell you what can be done. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Comment

going on 2 years of not paying and JUST now started getting a little legal action, 1 summons, settled, payments, and now just received another summons court date September....

Comment

In my very humble opinion, you SHOULD be ok with those who are 30 days late. WF...I don't know..I'm right there with you on them! I have to wait till Sept...

BUT depending on what state you're in small claims or regular court, you may be able to play some delaying games.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X