60 days - does that count weekends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 days - does that count weekends?

We had our 341 on 4/6/11. We filed an amended schedule on 4/7/11. So I know the 60 days starts from the amended schedule. But, does that count weekends? Or 60 business days? It seems like an awful long time has gone by already.

Thanks!

Birdprincess

The 60 days is just that, it includes all days, not just business. For instance, I had my 341 on 4/23 and the 60 days will be up on 7/22. I think by now you should be discharged, have you checked Pacer?
    Filed CH 7 4/15/11
    341 5/23/11
    DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Yep, Sunshinepea. I checked pacer...still says awaiting discharge. Do you think enough time has passed that I can contact my attorney about this or just leave him alone and hope for the best?

Birdprincess

Comment

I think you could call. It may just be that it hasn't been entered yet if nothing is showing on PACER. You could also call the court house as other have done, sometimes it's just an error.

Good luck, you are over the worst.
        Filed CH 7 4/15/11
        341 5/23/11
        DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Call your attorney. That's part of what you paid him for.
          Filed 3/16/11 via attorney who was worth every penny
          341 04/21/11
          DISCHARGED! 06/21/11

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinepa View Post
            You could also call the court house as other have done, sometimes it's just an error.

Good luck, you are over the worst.
            And many times, the paperwork is just stacked up waiting to be scanned and uploaded to pacer......
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thanks all. I emailed my attorney. No response yet, but I'll keep you posted.

Birdprincess

Comment

Yes! Although the 60 day period has an erie resemblance to the 40 day Lent period, unlike for Lent, the 60 days count all days, including weekends.

Comment

Good luck and call your attorney on Monday
                  Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
                  The rebuilding begins

Comment

I think the only time a weekend counts if it is day 60-then you go 61.

Comment

I called my attorney and he said everything was in order and we needed to just wait. So I waited over the weekend, checked Pacer and am now DISCHARGED !!!!!!! Yippee! Not closed yet, but DISCHARGED!

Comment

Awesome!!! Congrats to you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X