Atm withdrawls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atm withdrawls

I withdraw roughly 200 per week, for gas, misc groceries, Target trip, spending money etc....how does this get explained? Is this going to be a problem for the trustee?

Originally posted by rooster0330 View Post
    I withdraw roughly 200 per week, for gas, misc groceries, Target trip, spending money etc....how does this get explained? Is this going to be a problem for the trustee?
    ...that you use it for gas, misc groceries, Target trips, etc. It should be a non-issue for the Trustee. In case it isn't, start gathering up your receipts to show your pattern of spending the cash withdrawals.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
      your pattern of spending the cash withdrawals.
      To me, your pattern is the key here. Have you been doing this for years, or did you start when you decided to file bk in order to hide funds.

As newbie states, there should be no problem, but receipts are always a good thing.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I never saved receipts but I will start now! Also, how would I explain the "spending money" thing! It's just for misc stuff, or don't they get that picky?

Comment

If you are worried why don't you just use the ATM for the gas, groceries and then pull out less for spending. That way, you don't have to fool with keeping receipts and etc. You can still take a bit of cash but using the ATM for gas/etc. makes sense to me.

Of course, I didn't want to have to hang onto all those receipts, the less papers the better I felt.
          Filed CH 7 4/15/11
          341 5/23/11
          DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

I was taking money out and keeping it at home because my bank was Wells Fargo. Then I opened an account with a new bank and kept the minimum in there for necesseties. I kept all receipts, used the debit card for purchases and gas and declared all the money kept at home (the withdrawals) when filing. It wasn't questioned at the 341 as the money at home agreed with my bank statements and I had declared it.

Comment

I have a shoebox of receipts since last August. I would LOVE to hand them over and let someone go thru them lol.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
                I have a shoebox of receipts since last August. I would LOVE to hand them over and let someone go thru them lol.
                I will NOT volunteer for that one Keep..........LOL!!!
                Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                341 5/23/11
                DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

As long as the $800 a month is under the IRS standard for your family size, then it should be a non-issue. Keeping receipts isn't a bad idea though.
                  Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
                  0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X