hats your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hats your opinion?

If my 2 cars are gonna be paid of within the next 2 years. Does anybody think they will give me a chap 7?

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think that will have any bearing on a chapter 7.

Comment

What you need to do is investigate the exemptions available to filers in your state. Then you need to figure out how much equity you have in your cars.

If you can exempt the equity in your cars, they will not become an issue in your chapter 7 filing.

If you can't exempt the equity and if there is enough there to make it worth the trustee's expense, the assets will be liquidated and the proceeds (less your exemption) distributed to your creditors.

The discharge remains unaffected.

Of course, this presumes that you're not driving a pair of 1962 Ferrari Testarossas.

ETA: Unless you are asking whether the UST can object to your discharge on the basis of the car payment amounts being available to pay your creditors a year or so after you file. (Since you're not filing until December). In order to make sure this doesn't happen, you could look for other allowed expenses so that you're in a hole so deep there'd be no point trying to dig you out.
      There are two secrets for success in life:
      1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X