top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Occupying the property after discharge and surrender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Occupying the property after discharge and surrender?

Folks, I am still occupying the property that was surrendered and discharged in Chap 7. The bank started the foreclosure process during bankruptcy after getting permission from bankruptcy court. I have moved out all my major stuff and ready to move out on a moments notice but I have not heard anything from the bank. Just a person shows up once in a while and says that he is from bank and wants to check if property is still occupied and maintained well

I was wondering if this is ok to occupy the property since foreclosure and title transfer is not complete yet. Would bank ask me mortgage payments for period I stayed since discharge or filing? Delay is on the banks part. My insurance agent is saying that home insurance will cancel if I move out. I am ready to move out immediately. Any comments. Should I stay as long bank does not show up or should I move out?

I'd hang in there until you get a final eviction notice.

Comment

You've posted your question in two sections of the forum - this makes for a lot of confusion and the forum moderators will probably merge the two posts. I responded at some length in the other thread in the foreclosure section.
      Figured out we were in trouble: (Wait, we're in trouble? ) Stopped paying creditors: Aug 2010 Filed Chap 7: Apr 29, 2011 341: Jun 1, 2011 Report of no distribution: Jun 1, 2011 Discharged Aug 2, 2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X