No announcement yet.

My reafirmation hearing experience.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has been a sore subject with me since we first filled for bk. If bk is supposed to give us a fresh start, and someone needs a vehicle for legitimate work or commuting reasons, why should they jump through hoops to keep it?

I can see if the vehicle is an exotic brand, or a colector car, then the banks should have some recourse. Realisticaly if you own something like that you really do not need it if you are filling bk. We have all seen the posters on this forum who come here and say "Will I be able to keep the ferrari, bentley, 80ft yaht, 2 summer homes, and the 10 million dollar villa, if i file bk for 20 million in credit card debt." And I know it makes all of us out there who are strugling, sick to our stomachs.

But to tell a person their average vehicle that they use to get to work might be taken is ridiculous. This thread shouldn't exist, we should all be allowed to stay and pay, with no legal bs. You pay = you keep. You don't pay or you surrender = bye bye car. Simple.

We are just thankful that we are in an awesome position, where we do not have to worry about such things. But to think that there are other people out there hanging on by a thread, and somebody is trying to take a car away from them that they will keep paying on, and need for work, makes me angry.

Comment

Great post! I, too, reaffirmed my car loan through USAA. Thankfully, I did not have to attend a hearing or anything of the sort. I was lucky to just fill out the paperwork USAA sent me, have my attorney put his signature on it and file it with the court. It was approved, and I am happy. While I fully understand the argument against it, I also understand the argument for it. For me, my correct path was that of reaffirming, and in doing so, it was approved. Of course, in eight more payments I will be much happier.
      Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

On an unrelated note, I just looked at a calandar, and my 60 days are up this monday! July 4th 2011, independence day indeed!

NICE!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X