Afforable Post BK counseling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afforable Post BK counseling

I am looking for affordable options for post BK counseling, I would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks.

What kind of counseling are you looking for? We had to do a post filing counseling course so we could get a certificate before our discharge. We completed it last night online. It basically was 2 hours worth of videos and a test to take at the end. The fee was $19 for the certificate, but was included in our BK filing fee. That was through http://www.hummingbird.org/.

The videos are BORING and the acting is HORRIBLE!
    5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
    7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
    9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

Comment

The required post-bankruptcy counseling. The pre was covered with my filing, but the post is not.

Comment

The cheapest post course I could find was academyoffinancialliteracy.com. It's only 13.95 and the certificate can be sent to both you and your attorney so they can file it. It is timed so it goes a bit slow but very simple.
        Filed CH 7 4/15/11
        341 5/23/11
        DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Thanks is there an extra fee for the certificate? My attorney says they work with a counseling agency. Is there any reason I would have to use the one they work with?

Comment

No, there is no extra charge. You can do any course. Ask him the cost and if it's cheaper, use that one. Mine gave the the pre-course which was $5.00 but the post was more so I found my own.
            Filed CH 7 4/15/11
            341 5/23/11
            DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X