Attorney Fees & Being Superorganized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anonymuse
    I understand that gambling can be an addictive/compulsive behavior with a neurophysiological basis.

I'm looking from the 38K perspective (was 55K in high tech then part of a "involuntary resource reduction" along with 700 others and several other companies closing in the area so salaries have gone way down.) To me, 55K was great living, so it's all a matter of individual perspective.

Whether someone was making 200K and now makes 140K or me from 55K - 38.4K, we're both taking a 30% paycut. But I'm still having a hard time seeing them as identical situations.

I guess the theory for me wanting to do bk is getting a fresh start so I can live within my current means--which still means giving up the extras (eating out, concerts) and making better spending decisions so that I can re-accumulate my savings so I have a safety net in case I get hit with unforeseen expenses (i.e. flight for funeral, more medical expenses, etc.)

I think I'm starting to understand why only 35% of Ch 13 repayment plans are successful.
    I don't think anybody will, at least under these new laws, complete a chapter 13 plan without changing there lifestyles. Chapter 13 plans don't work in my opinion, because they don't give the person the cushion to save for the unforeseen expenses you talked about. Believe me, while my 13 payment (unconfirmed yet) is not bad, the fact that I cannot have credit for 5 years in the event of the emergency will make it terrible. I won't be able to save any money in it. If my refridgerator goes out, my stove goes out, my furnace goes out...I'm dead. It is probably only the 35% that makes it actually has nothing go wrong, or they are working another job under the table.
    Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
    Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
    Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Thanks for the 411 on our resident smart-alec! Just kidding - Cake, hope I didn't offend; if anything I guess I'm telling you to go easy on yourself then!

On a totally unrelated subject, can I borrow $25k? I'm planning on throwing a candle party once my BK is discharged...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X