No announcement yet.

I feel like giving up :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on your situation getting better! Filing is huge, and your 341 date should be sooner rather than later. Reading your story truly upset me, and I know it does not make things better, but my thoughts are with you. As many others have said: it DOES get better.
    Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by jazzladyw View Post
      I did a search on pacer. They charge you money every time you look at your case???
      You get billed for Pacer by the month however, if it's under 10.00, no bill. It's about .08 cents for each document you look at. I know some folks ran up bills but honestly, I looked about once a week since I filed and have never been billed.

In my opinion, the most important document is the Docket Report.........it shows everything that happens and corresponding date.

Congrats on getting filed, your 341 will be here before you know it.
      Filed CH 7 4/15/11
      341 5/23/11
      DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Just curious...does pacer bill by the month now...i thought it was quartely if over 10.00
        filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
        "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

It's by the quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by oregonpilot View Post
            Just curious...does pacer bill by the month now...i thought it was quartely if over 10.00
            Oops, my bad............it is quarterly!!!! Guess I had just looked at my monthly billing history right before the post!
            Filed CH 7 4/15/11
            341 5/23/11
            DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Glad you have finally filed, jazzlady.

How long did it end up taking from the date you paid your attorney until your case was filed?

Comment

APL, it took just shy of 3 months. I thought I was gonna go crazy with how long it was taking. I just got my 341 date. It's August 25th. I'm a nervous wreck. I'll be worse when it actually arrives. What can I expect at the meeting? Questions?

Also, has anybody here hired a lawyer in a firm, and who did you deal with more? The lawyer, or other members of the firm? I hired my lawyer from a firm. I met with my lawyer at the initial free consultation. Since then, I've delt mostly with her paralegal. I also had my petition signing with a completely different paralegal. I've "spoken" to my lawyer about 2 times through email, basically asking her to forward some info to her paralegal cause my emails to him weren't getting through. She seems like a nice person, but I haven't even really delt with her!

Her paralegal informed me the other day that the lawyer who will be at my 341 meeting might not even be my lawyer!
                It could be her, or one of two other lawyers from her firm. I won't know who it'll be until I get to the courthouse that day and they call my name. The lawyer at the meeting could very well be someone I have never even heard of or met. Talk about making me an even more nervous wreck! I feel like that I hired the whole firm, not my lawyer. How am I supposed to be calm at this meeting, when I don't even know if the person representing me is competent or not???? Ugh!

Comment

Yes, you should expect questions. Just make sure to have your facts straight.

Comment

Jack, I meant what typed of questions. Sorry bout that :-)

Comment

One of the best things to do with a service provider when things go bad is to get face to face with the provider (in this case your lawyer), look them in the eyes and ask them for help with your concerns. In the case of communication issues, I would ask them:

1. To set my expectations as to what I should expect in the way of communication, ie, how often, from who.
                      2. To set their expectations as to what I would consider the minimum amount of communication that I need during this stressful time.
                      3. A simple promise to get a return call within 24 hours after you call.

My lawyer is not thrilled when I call him (cause I am such a nervous basket case who rarely leaves him alone :o) but he does either pickup or reply to my e-mail messages in a timely manner. Ask your lawyer for a commitment to some type of minimal communication and then hold him/her to it. If they dog you, go to their office and ask them "What the hell? You said you would do AB and C and I got only A; explain yourself to me please...."
                      Filed Chapter 7 7/14/2011, 341 meeting 8/16/2011, discharged 10/19/2011! Note that my posts are not legal advice, so please do not sue me, I have enough problems already.

Comment

Also check out the 341 links; it really, really helped me to see/hear what others were going through. They'll walk you through the questions asked and, if yours was anything like mine, it was easy/peasey. Very straightforward, took about 5 minutes.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X