Collection letter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collection letter question

So yesterday I received 2 new collection letters for debt included in the bk but they are both with a new collection company.

Do I need to do anything about these? Is it ok that they are not on the matrix?

And just to let everyone know I have NOT signed up for Pacer! Can you believe it??!! I don't think I want to worry myself.
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

I would just ignore them for now, you just got filed so it will take time for the notices to get out. If it continues, I would talk to my lawyer as they should not be sending anything. Relax, your on your way now and that's the most important thing after all this time and aggravation!!!
    Filed CH 7 4/15/11
    341 5/23/11
    DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Freddy03, how the heck are ya? If you want to set your mind at ease, you can send them each a copy of the bk notice - only if you want to set your mind at ease. Leave nothing open.
      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Oh I'm just concerned that these were left off the petition. These are new collection attorneys. Or does it matter??
        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
          Freddy03, how the heck are ya? If you want to set your mind at ease, you can send them each a copy of the bk notice - only if you want to set your mind at ease. Leave nothing open.
          HEY!!!! Where the heck have you been!!!! I'm going great! Just filed last Friday... A little late..LOL

Good to see you back around!

Comment

NO PACER? say it ain't so? :-)

I'm with drowing...if it is the same debt that was resold, I don't believe you're under any obligation to keep "after them" and add more and more of them to the petition - BUT since you've paid your atty ask him! OR better yet - just fax/email/scan him the letters.

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
              NO PACER? say it ain't so? :-)

I'm with drowing...if it is the same debt that was resold, I don't believe you're under any obligation to keep "after them" and add more and more of them to the petition - BUT since you've paid your atty ask him! OR better yet - just fax/email/scan him the letters.
              I know - funny right? Me of all people! I did check out the site today so maybe I'll sign up next week. I'm just trying not to freak myself out anymore..lol

Comment

I hear you Freddy...I'm down to checking once a day and only check (and thus pay) if there is any activity by date...(spouse's 13)

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
                  Oh I'm just concerned that these were left off the petition. These are new collection attorneys. Or does it matter??
                  As long as the original creditors are listed you should be fine, but I would fax them to your attorney just to be safe.

Comment

Agreed with SunsineGal.
                    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
                      If they are new, then they were not "left off" of your petition, they were just sold to someone else. Call them and give them your case # and they will go away.

Good luck!
                      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I'm glad one of mine was sold off right before filing so we listed it, but my attorney did tell me it wouldn't have mattered as it was the same debt.

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                          If they are new, then they were not "left off" of your petition, they were just sold to someone else. Call them and give them your case # and they will go away.

Good luck!

Yes not left off but not included. I called them today and poof they're gone..lol

Thanks!

Comment

Ain't that poof a great word!!!!
                            Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                            341 5/23/11
                            DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

LOL Sure is

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X