Notice of Unlawful Detainer (Eviction) from Court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice of Unlawful Detainer (Eviction) from Court

Please forgive my posting of this here, but I desperately need your help. Please help a loyal member of bkforum with this Notice of Unlawful Detainer (Eviction) from Court

Can someone please help me to best respond to this complaint. Fannie Mae has filed the eviction with the court. I only have a couple days to respond to the complaint.

I downloaded an ANSWER - Unlawful Detainer form from the court website.

My goal is to buy a little more time, I am getting really close to finding a place to rent, but just need some more weeks.

How should I answer the complaint? It has the opportunity for me to deny all statements or I can say all statements are true, except... Also affirmative defenses.

Finally, once I fill this out, if this is the correct form, how do I get it to the court? There is no fax number or anything other than an address. Do I fax it, do I mail it, do I have to get it notarized or witnessed? Do I have to take it to court or have someone take it for me to the clerks desk?

Thank you so much

You can just write one paragraph, denying all paragraphs in the complaint. No need to get it notarized, but you must take it in person to the court to get it stamped and filed.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
      You can just write one paragraph, denying all paragraphs in the complaint. No need to get it notarized, but you must take it in person to the court to get it stamped and filed.
      Thanks drowning. I am in California, and I called in to the court house and they said with the automated machine that for notices of detainer, you can send it by fax and I found a special fax form that they require you to fill out, plus included CC# for them to bill me for the service.

I hope that is enough, I even asked for a confirmation. I do think I should follow up with the court to make sure it went through properly, because I don't want the court to nail me.

I have signed two leases now with 2 different properties, and guess what happened with both? One was in foreclosure at the deed of sale of property and the other was over a year late on HOA dues and refused to work with me. I even put a $11,000 down, including 4 months rent and 1 month security. I am running into a lot of people in foreclosure that I am trying to rent from right now.

I am making sure my agent does a title search before signing any leases.

Comment

Isn't that something? This country is in big trouble. Wow, I guess the good thing is they can be understandable landlords since they're going through the same thing as you. I wish you all the best. I've never received a Notice of Unlawful Detainer, but I figured as with all complaint, it would be handled the same. That's how it is in my jurisdiction in New York. What do I know. I just like to reach out and tell everyone it's not the end of the world. We can pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and start all over again.
        Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X