top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got first call after not paying Discover ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oregonpilot View Post
    brennan..it sounds like you are in good hands. Good luck to you. We are all here for you.
    Thanks -- I appreciate the support!

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
    My attorney said the same thing. I ignored him. Telling them too early gives them a chance to take you to court before you file, especially if you are months away from filing. If you don't answer and don't tell them, they will try normal collections methods first, which gives you more time.

Your attorney is clearly aware that they can take you to court as he is willing to negotiate a payment plan to hold them off. Something that you wouldn't have to do if you didn't tell them too early.
    Well, I can't unring the bell with Discover, but I'll file away that advice for future calls. Thanks!

Comment

RIght helpmeout...my atty actively tells his clients to give his name/# out to creditors. I would love to, and it may come to that - hopefully I have to wait till Sept only.

But I'm like you helpmeout - I think it may be a "heads up" to some, like let's sue before the bk can be filed...on the other hand, of course, it could also be to a collections agency, who may have paid like $50 for $1500 credit card, to move on to easier and cheaper pickings...

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
      My attorney said the same thing. I ignored him. Telling them too early gives them a chance to take you to court before you file, especially if you are months away from filing. If you don't answer and don't tell them, they will try normal collections methods first, which gives you more time.

Your attorney is clearly aware that they can take you to court as he is willing to negotiate a payment plan to hold them off. Something that you wouldn't have to do if you didn't tell them too early.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X