BK book recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK book recommendations

I'm the kind of person that sometimes has to get off the web and actually have a physical book in my hand to review information in some kind of organized logical fashion.

Any recommendations that you'd want to share? Here are mine:

Believe it or not, Bankrupty for Dummies (the one that includes the new laws.) It was an excellent primer, gave a great overview, but don't expect a step-by-step manual either. It gave me a starting point to delve deeper and figure out what questions I need to ask for my situation.

I really like the Nolo book "The New Bankruptcy: Will It Work for You?" (See nolo.com) Two people who work for the bk court here recommended it to me. They also have books specifically for filing the Ch 7 and Ch 13 paperwork; however, they have not been updated for the new laws yet and the old ones are not available on their site. Yet, I went to eBay's half.com and got the last version for about $2.00 each and believe me, it was still extremely beneficial since lots of the forms are still very similar.
    *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

I thought the Bankruptcy for dummies was very good as well. Lots of ideas. I think Nolo has their new chp 7 book on the new laws scheduled to be out in May. I have already filed, but that will probably be another good one to read.

Comment

On this forum you will find a complete bankruptcy manual called "The Tactfull Bankruptcy Manual II" that covers the new laws.

The Tactfull Bankruptcy Manual (other one) covers the old laws.

They are at the top of the second section of this forum under General Bankruptcy Talk.....

Nolo is an excellent source if they get it completely updated...

And Bankruptcy for Dummies talks about bankruptcy in a humorous, down to earth way with lots of questions and answers.
      Last edited by Minnymouth; 04-13-2006, 02:38 PM.
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I emailed Nolo to see when the books will be available:

"Unfortunately, the Chapter 7 bankruptcy book will not be available until mid May and the Chapter 13 book will
        not be available until early November."
        *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

The Tactical Bankruptcy Manual II

The Tactical Bankruptcy Manual II

An excellent (and free) guide:

Print it out, 3-hole punch, and put it in a binder. The best 80-page booklet on BK.
          I'm in N. California ... Thanks for your replies!
          10/11/05: bought www.form7.com software
          10/14/05: Filed Ch 7 BK Petition pro se skeleton
          10/27/05: Filed all schedules, etc.
          11/17/05: 341 meeting (done!)
          01/16/06: Last day to file objections
          01/18/06: Discharged, closed

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X