Discharge Timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharge Timeline

My attorney told me we'd probably get a 341 meetingg one month after filing. Then a 4-month wait. What happens during those 4 months? Will we still have to submit any kind of paperwork? Will they still be scrutinizing our bank account?

p.s... I forgot to ask the attorney theses questions.

Hi Foofy.
    The one month after filing to the 341 is about average...sometimes in can be a week or 2 more depending upon caseload.
    I don't get the 4 month wait.

What happens after the 341 the creditors have 60 days to object. If no objections from creditors or if there is nothing the trustee (s) are scrutinizing... your case is then eligible for discharge and close. Look at the time line in my signature. That is typical for a no problem bk.

Right after filing...the trustee will ask for a list of things. Mine asked for my bank statement showing the filing date balances for checking, savings, my IRA's. A copy of title for my van. And i provided him my income & expense statements from the beginning of the yr. to filing Aug 30, 2010.
    I sent them to him. about a 2" thick envelope right away so if there was any clarification on anything i had time to get it to him before the 341. OH yeah..he also wanted a KBB valuation for my van.
    Last edited by oregonpilot; 07-29-2011, 05:48 PM.
    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Hey Pilot,

After your 341, did you have to give them any more bank statements or any other docs?

Comment

nothing...didn't hear a word out of anyone till i got the discharge papers in the mail.
        Actually that isn't totally true...i did see on pacer 2 days after the 341 (oct 10) report of no distribution and trustee stating he was done with me.

Comment

Thanks so much for the info. Have a good night.

Comment

You are soooo welcome......you too!!

Comment

After the 341 there is a 60 day waiting period during which your creditors can file claims. Most usually do not, especially the big banks. After that its just a matter of waiting...

Comment

Originally posted by Foofy610 View Post
                My attorney told me we'd probably get a 341 meetingg one month after filing. Then a 4-month wait. What happens during those 4 months? Will we still have to submit any kind of paperwork? Will they still be scrutinizing our bank account?

p.s... I forgot to ask the attorney theses questions.
                You will NOT have a 4 month wait after your hearing, it's about 4 months total. You should have your discharge and closing here in PA about 64 to 65 days after your hearing. I had mine exactly 66 days after my 60 days was up but my 60 days ended on a Friday night so there was the weekend to consider! PA is fairly quick about entering the discharg/closing, most posters here were free in clear within the same timeframe as me.
                Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                341 5/23/11
                DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X