Update on whether or not to reaffirm primary mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on whether or not to reaffirm primary mortgage

I posted previously about the paralegal at signing telling me I had to reaffirm the primary. I talked about this with my attorney yesterday prior to the 341, and he indicated it didn't really matter, being that in Oregon as long as you are paying they can't do anything. Additionally, he said that "most major lenders" don't even enter into reaffirmation agreements. I was under the impression that they did, so that was surprising to me. Also, I would not call my lender a "major" one. In the long run it doesn't matter, I didn't really want to reaffirm - this way I am free and clear of it all no matter what.
    Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
    "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

""What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that.""

Amen to that!!!

I hope that your attorney straightened out his/her paralegal's understanding of what is good for their clients. That's pretty bad when the staff at the attorney's office is laboring under confusion and sharing that with the client.
    Figured out we were in trouble: (Wait, we're in trouble? ) Stopped paying creditors: Aug 2010 Filed Chap 7: Apr 29, 2011 341: Jun 1, 2011 Report of no distribution: Jun 1, 2011 Discharged Aug 2, 2011

Comment

You are never obligated to reaffirm anything. Period.

If you plan to stay in the house, keep current on your payments. It is very very rare for a mortgage lender to do anything if you did not reaffirm so long as you stay current.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X