Unbelievable bad luck continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbelievable bad luck continues

In ch 7 now with my 341 meeting in a couple weeks. First a pipe burst in my house causing major damage. I'm surrendering the house so I wasn't sure what to do, leave it or pay my $1000 deductible? In the end I think I made the stupid choice and called my homeowners. I want to try and stay in this house as unlikely as it is.

Then yesterday I got rear ended by this idiot who said his breaks failed. The car was worth $10k and I owed around $2600. If it's totaled what happens? I'd like to sue that idiot. I'm up early this am because my back and neck are killing me but what's the point, I'm sure the trustee would take any settlement anyway.

Sorry to hear of the bad luck. I don't think you have to worry about the car, his fault, his insurance pays. If it's totaled and worth 10K, they should pay that amount. Don't sign anything until you are sure you are ok. Years ago, I had the same type thing, ended up in therapy, neck brace and etc. for almost 8 months. Stupid me signed off and have trouble to this day, especially as I get older. Make sure you are okay, go to the doc for sure!!

Good luck with it all.
    Filed CH 7 4/15/11
    341 5/23/11
    DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Sorry to hear about the round of bad luck - I think you made the right choice of cleaning up the damage from the pipe burst. Unless you left the day it burst, staying in a house with water damage in our heat wave summer would be the stupider decision, there is no price tag on good health.

Speaking of good health, get yourself to a doctor and get checked out ASAP - document everything. Don't forget we Michiganians pay one of the highest PIP (Personal Injury Protection) fees in the nation for our No-Fault Insurance making our mini-tort awards only 500.00. You have been paying for years, time to use it.

Being clueless on exemptions (vehicle and property settlement) I can only say, talk to your lawyer. Good luck on everything
      Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

Sending you happy thoughts Hope all works out for you ~
        Filed on 7-17-09
        waiting for 341
        341 meeting 8-21-09
        discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

I'm pretty sure that your injury having occurred AFTER filing your petition would make it something that is not part of the bankruptcy estate. If you'd been hit before and had a possible lawsuit/settlement pending, it would be part of the estate. Definitely go get checked out. Your health is important.
          Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

I agree with Free2breathe, but I would be sure to ask my lawyer first.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X