CC Fraud Post CH 7 BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CC Fraud Post CH 7 BK

I filed CH 7 BK and went to court in June. Am waiting on my discharge. I did not claim 3 CC that had a zero bal on them. Two of the accts are still open. I just found out yesterday that there have been fraudulent charges on one of the cards and I'm afraid this it is going to jeopardize my discharge. What can you suggest I do? I've filed a dispute with the CC company and the card has been cancelled. They are doing an investigation but that could take some time.

Unfortunately credit card fraud happens all the time. You have filed a dispute with the credit card company, and they will investigate. If they find that it was indeed fraudulent, you will not be liable so please do not stress over it. This should not hold up your discharge. I would personally let your lawyer (if you used one) know what is going on, so he/she is prepared to address the issue if it arises with the BK court.
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Why didn't you include them? You weren't planning on using them, were you? What makes you think this will affect your discharge? Thankfully this happened before you're discharged. You may be able to do an amendment, if you wish, and include them. Your discharge should go through as planned. As you know, you are responsible for these credit cards and all debts associated with them after your discharge. Fresh start, fresh start, fresh start. . .
      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

To drowning: strictly speaking a debtor need not list credit cards with a zero balance because that lender has no existing claim against the debtor. However, it is BEST practice to list everyone, and 9 times out of 10, the cards will be closed by the lender.

In any event, this scenario, should not cause problems for bankruptcy. Granted, the fact you filed BK makes the situation a tad more suspicious, but in the end, this scenario will result in a non-issue.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X