How Long Does Discharge Take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Long Does Discharge Take

To a poster that posted a reply on a previous thread of mine, I really dont give a damn whether you believed me or not regarding the family emergency. It happened and I had no choice but to go. If I hadnt I would have been excommunicated from my family and that's worth taking a risk.

My next question is from date of filing (which was in May) how long can I expect to wait for my discharge. Thanks

Provided all information has been given accurately and you don't have to amend your filing with additional details/debts/etc, the 341 hearing is generally 4 - 6 weeks from the filing date, the 60 day clock starts counting down. If your case is ruled for discharge, you should see it in PACER shortly after the 60 day mark (this depends on how backed up your court is...mine was a few days behind, but not too bad).

All told, I filed at the end of April, I was discharged (officially) yesterday. 4 months, a few days. However, I was a no asset, very straightforward case. Every case is unique in the Trustee's eyes.
    Last edited by IamIrene; 08-09-2011, 01:14 PM.
    Any opinion expressed is based on personal experience and/or research. i.e.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X