Current Personal Property Valuation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Personal Property Valuation

I'm making it through my questionnaire fairly well. However, I'm stumped on the valuation of our furniture, clothing, jewelry, etc. Is there an easy way to handle this?

Tag sale prices. What could you get for it if you sold it quick.

Comment

jeep75 is absolutely correct. Craigslist, garage/estate/auction sales, eBay, pawn shop, etc. You can do this!! Just take your time and remember to be good to yourself, too.
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Also keep in mind that I have not read of a single case here where the trustee wanted everyday furniture, household stuff, clothing, etc. What they are looking for are big(ger) ticket items that they could sell and get enough to justify their time and provide money to your creditors. Things like cars, antiques, expensive jewelery, etc. Good luck.

Comment

Everyone wants to value their stuff too high. What's it worth if you pile it out by the street in a yard sale for sale today. It's worth more to you than anyone else, but all in all, all of our stuff is pretty worthless.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X