top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trustee issued final report! How long until tax debt is paid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee issued final report! How long until tax debt is paid?

yayayayay!!!

Our trustee issued the final report on 7/27!! It's done and finished!!

My only question is regarding our state taxes. In his final report, he indicated that the state would receive a large payment. That would actually pay the vast majority of the tax debt off. How long does it usually take for those payments to be processed and is there a way to check this on PACER? We were required to continue paying after the discharge and are making payments to an outside collection agency that our state hires for collections. The rep for them said it could take up to a year!! This is a relatively simple case though, and the balance is less than 2K and covers 2 tax years. I want to follow up and make sure the payment gets processed, so that I can apply for a penalty/interest abatement, since we were not able to make payments after we filed and before we were discharged and they still added penalties and interest. I also want to know exactly how much I owe after the payment from the trustee is entered.

It has been such a LONG and painful road and I am so glad to see that trustee's report on PACER!!
    Jen
    "...and how is it that bankruptcy is considered an "easy" way out by some???"

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X